Friday, October 31, 2008

Antipodes

I learned this word when I was in high school. According to Dictionary.com, it means: places diametrically opposite to each other on the globe.

My little ClustrMap (see the bottom of this page) got me thinking the antipodes of Minnesota. Click here for a close-up of my ClusterMap.

Anyway, it turns out that the antipodes of my spot on Earth is a spot in the Indian Ocean. Closest land is an island called "French Southern & Antarctic Lands." Even with the Google satellite version of the map, it doesn't look inhabited.

Click here to find the antipodes of your spot!

1 thoughts:

Unknown October 31, 2008 at 10:31 PM  

Thank you for your wonderful comment on my blog, I am so honored and you to are in my thoughts too! And now I've got to go and see what my antipode is....how cool is that!
G